One of the things about the cyber world is the anonymity that it brings, that anonymity can be a dangerous thing, and almost anybody can claim almost anything and you will never have any idea who that person really is or why they make the claims they do. Hopefully this section can help dismantle that a little
If you have read this much, you probably know that I am a Christian (Called. Convicted. Converted). My name is Tyrell Haag, so feel the anonymity begin to slide away. I author this site, I am a pastor (heritagebaptist.co.za). I live in Johannesburg in the South African Province of Gauteng with my wife Ainsley. I am a regular on Christian radio in the country and speak at various churches for various events.
- Christian – I affirm that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.
- Catholic – I am part of the church spread over the earth, encompassing peoples of every background
- Protestant – I affirm the five “solas” of the Reformation.
- Reformed – I affirm the doctrines of grace, principles known to some as Calvinism.
- Evangelical – I believe the gospel (which is the original and truest meaning of “evangelical”).
- Reforming – Though I find great beauty in traditional Protestantism, I realize that in some areas traditions may not be fully Scriptural. Where that is the case I am eager to change as the Spirit convicts me through the Word.
How Is “Haag” pronounced?
As my brother would say, its like Haagen Dazs, just without the en Dazs.
How Do I Get In Touch With You?
All that info is here. I like to get email but because of the constraints on my time, I can’t always reply.
I started my blog when the major issue that was facing me was the ‘order solutis’ (the order of things in Salvation), I came to realize that the new birth was not something that occurred subsequent to Salvation, but rather was necessary for Salvation to occur, thus God called me, He then convicted me of my sin, after which I turned to Him in the Person of Jesus Christ in repentance and faith, and was converted.
What Do You Do?I am a pastor at Heritage Baptist Church, I have been known to watch the occasional football game, and even dabble in it a bit myself. I do CrossFit and Krav Maga as hobbies on the side.